About This Project
The Lake District is hugely popular with both domestic and international visitors to the UK – and if you’ve been there you’ll understand why. Attracting more than 15 million visits every year to its outstanding lakes, green forests and rugged mountains, The Lake District literally has it all.
We could wax lyrical – until the beautiful cows come home over the rolling green hills – about this unparalleled location, but to keep it simple, here are 10 reasons why The Lake District National Park is a National Treasure:
- Skafell Pike – the highest mountain in England standing tall at an impressive 978 metres above sea level.
- Wastwater – the deepest lake in England and a stunning example of a glacial “over-deepened” valley.
- Windermere – the largest natural lake in England.
- Diverse mix of trees, woodlands and forests – and of course a variety of wildlife within.
- Plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as kayaking, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking.
- Variety of geology to admire – if you are into rocks.
- Attractive towns and villages each with its own culture and traditions.
- 16 lakes – we’ve already mentioned a couple but with this many there are plenty of opportunities for watersports.
- Great fishing – with brown trout, salmon and sea trout – and of course the Annual Cumbria Fishing Festival.
- Fantastic opportunities to invest in rental properties – with an abundance of visitors year after year.
There really is no better place for a “staycation” – and no better place to own a second home.