We are all pretty familiar with the economic downturn we’ve been experiencing since 2009 – but the good news is, it’s given a real boost to domestic tourism. Consumers have cut back on their overseas trips in favour of domestic ones.
Demographic trends reported by Visit England predict that people will continue to expand their leisure time, but England will play a much bigger part – due to ease of access and speed of travel time.
“England is developing an incredible diversity of product – food, wine, different activities – it will continue to be attractive, and people are taking pride in this – they’re rediscovering their own back yard” – John Koldowski (Pacific Asia Travel Association).
In short, here are six reasons why now is the time to invest in the UK property market:
1. Life expectancy is constantly increasing – which means an increasing number of older people. This older generation will be keen to go on holiday but reluctant/unable to go far – creating demand for “staycations”.
2. “Last minute” is the latest trend – everyone is into embracing their spontaneity which has changed the way people are planning and booking their holidays. Often people wait for the “last minute” discount deal – which commonly turns into a “staycation”.
3. How is your work-life balance? Probably not great. The economic downturn and modern lifestyle has made many people feel under time pressure and busier lives mean more short breaks are not only preferable – but necessary. People are now seeking quick, easy holidays within the UK without travelling hassles, language barriers and the need to plan ahead.
4. Like it or not, technology and internet access has changed our lives. This availability of information at our fingertips means people know more about the destinations and properties available – and they know more about what the UK can offer.
5. Overseas investors are investing in UK properties and this is fuelling the market – but despite the rising numbers of buyers England is unable to keep up with the demand for property. Now is the time to get on board.
6. Desire for value is evident across all sections of the market, including the luxury end.
Lodge Quest develops a limited amount of high-end, luxury properties across inspiring locations across the UK. Our latest development, Twin Lakes Country Club, offers just 26 lodges in a new community, just outside of The Lake District National Park.
If you’d like to learn more, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.